With or Without Furniture?

Should You Sell Your Home With Furniture or Without?


All the research says that houses sell faster with furniture than without.  I have been
hearing that for years but showing and selling houses for 23 years, I was skeptical. It
seemed to me that it was a 50/50 split on this topic.  I have just as many buyers say they
would rather see the house vacant than see it full of furnishings.  So, I decided to do my
own experiment with a current listing I have at 4701 Glen Crest Drive in Millcreek Township
of Erie, PA.  I used the following photo and had www.boxbrownie.com add virtual furniture to
the room, brighten the photo up and enhance it with some pictures and a crackling fire in the
fireplace.  Turn up your volume on your computer so you can hear the crackle and get the full
effect! Just kidding, you can't hear it!  I posted both photos on Facebook and had an overwhelming amount of friends give me their opinion!  So here are the results of my informal survey.......... The room with furniture was much preferred to the room without.  So, did I learn anything new from my little real estate survey? No and yes.  I've always known houses sell better with furniture but this experiment made me think that you never know where you are going to get your buyer.  I've decided I'm going to use both of these photos when advertising this home then I will get 100% of people being able
to see how they can make this room their own!  I also learned that the $32 spent to add virtual furnishings was well spent and I would do it again. 

Now, how do I get the virtual furnishings, the pictures on the wall and the fake fire to magically appear at every showing?


Mary Huffman is a Realtor for Marsha Marsh Real Estate Services and has been a full-time Realtor for 23 years.  Call her for all of your real estate needs. She can be reached at her office 814-833-8840. 4202 W. Ridge Rd., Erie, PA 16506 or on her cell phone 814-490-6698. Mary.Huffman@MarshaMarsh.com

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

5 Trendy Tips to Enhance a Small